I love the look of burlap roses on home decorations and have found myself adding them to many of my crafts, especially picture frames. They are very easy and quick to make, and you can make them with almost any type of burlap, fabric, or ribbon. One of my favorite creations using burlap flowers is my Burlap Rose Topiary. Here are easy-to-follow instructions on how to make burlap or fabric roses.
How to Make Burlap or Fabric Roses
To create them you need:
1. Burlap, fabric, or ribbon
3. Hot glue gun and glue sticks
That’s it! Once you have the materials, follow these steps to create your rosettes:
1. Cut a length of fabric, ribbon, or burlap to 2.5″ by 12″ (makes it very easy if you purchase a roll of 2.5″ burlap or ribbon, then you only need to cut the lengths of ribbon to 12″):
2. Fold one end of the strip of burlap/fabric in half:
3. Begin rolling the folded end until ~1/4th of the strip is rolled:
4. Begin twisting remaining section of fabric/burlap around the rolled section:
5. Continue twisting the fabric around the rolled section until the entire length of fabric is twisted around the rolled section:
6. Once entire length of fabric is rolled into the flower, use a glue gun to glue the fabric together until it stays:
Now, begin adding burlap roses to everything! Enjoy!
Join the Pinspired to DIY newsletter
Be the first to get notified of new projects posted on the blog!