I have a couple of welcome signs in front of our house, one is a DIY Welcome Address Sign, and the second is a Welcome to Our Porch sign. But my back porch was in some need of some welcoming! I had a large blank wall on my back deck above our outdoor couch and chairs that was in serious need of some decor! So, I decided to create a DIY farmhouse style welcome sign for our back porch.
DIY Farmhouse Style Welcome Sign Materials & Supplies
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission on any purchases made through these links which helps me to maintain and update this website with new projects and tutorials.
|Miter Saw or Circular Saw||Exterior Spray Paint Flat White||Laser Cut Wood Vine Wreath (from Hobby Lobby)|
|Laser Cut Wood “Family” (Hobby Lobby)||Laser Cut Wood “Welcome” (Hobby Lobby)||Laser Cut Letters to spell Friends (Hobby Lobby)|
|FolkArt Chalk Paint in Glacier||FolkArt Chalk Paint in Nautical||Wood Glue|
|Kreg Pocket-Hole Jig||Kreg 1-1/4″ Pocket Hole Screws||Drill/Driver|
DIY Farmhouse Style Welcome Sign Wood List:
DIY Farmhouse Style Welcome Sign Cut List:
DIY Farmhouse Style Welcome sign Instructions:
1. Using a miter saw or circular saw, cut a 1×6 board into three 15″ length 1×6 boards.
2. Drill two 3/4″ pocket holes into one of the long sides of two of the three 15″ boards.
3. Attach the three boards together using 1 1/4″ pocket hole screws and wood glue.
4. Paint the front and sides of the boards with white spray paint.
5. While the white paint is drying, paint the laser cut vine wreath, words, and letters.
a. Paint the vine wreath with the Folk Art Chalk paint in Glacier.
b. Paint the laser cut “Family” wording in the Folk Art Chalk Paint Glacier color.
c. Paint the laser cut “Welcome” wording in the Folk Art Chalk Paint Nautical color.
d. Find the letters to for the word “Friends” from the pack of laser cut letters and paint them in Folk Art Chalk Paint Nautical color.
6. Once all the paint has dried, attach all letters, words, and wreaths to the white boards using wood glue.
a. Attach the vine wreath in the center of the white boards.
b. Attach the word “welcome” on top of the vine wreath, across the middle of the wreath.
c. Attach the word “Family” in the top upper left corner of the sign.
d. Attach the letters to form the word “Friends” in the lower right corner of the sign.