I have been wanting to create a cute DIY photo frame and shelf to display my daughter’s most recent school picture and since I am in between big projects, now was the perfect time to make one. This is a very quick and easy project that adds some farmhouse charm to your wall.
DIY Photo Frame and Shelf Wood List:
DIY Photo Frame and Shelf Cut List:
DIY Photo Frame and Shelf Materials and Supplies:
(Some of the links below contain affiliate links, I may receive a small commission if you purchase anything though these links. Please see my disclosure policy for full details.)
|Kreg Jig K4 Pocket Hole System||Drill Driver||Varathane Weathered Wood Accelerator|
|8 x 10 Laser Engraved Wood Frame||White Spray Paint||Kreg 1-1/4″ Pocket Hole Screws|
|2-Inch Wood Screws||Miter Saw||Wood Glue|
DIY Photo Frame and Shelf Instructions:
1. Paint the 8 x 10 laser cut frame white using the spray paint and leave to dry.
2. Using the miter saw (or a circular or hand saw), cut 7 1×3 boards to 24″ in length each.
3. Using the Kreg jig, drill three 3/4″ pocket holes into one side of six of the seven 1×3 boards.
4. Using wood glue and 1 1/4″ pocket hole screws, attach the 1×3 boards together, making sure they are lined up at the top and bottom.
5. Cut a 1×3 board to 17 1/2″ in length.
6. Use wood glue and 2″ wood screws to attach the 17 1/2″ 1×3 board to the bottom front of the attached 1×3 boards (the bottom of the 17 1/2″ long board should line up with the bottom of the attached boards). Predrill the screw holes through the back of the attached boards and attach the screws through the back of the boards.
7. Apply a coat of Varathane Weather Accelerator to the wood and let dry completely.
8. Once the wood is dry, use wood glue on the sides and bottom of the back of the frame to attach it to the wood, center it near the top of the wood above the shelf.
9. Add a picture hanger or wire to the back of the wood, hang on the wall and add a picture to the frame and some decor on the shelf and you have an easy and inexpensive farmhouse-style picture frame and shelf!
These cute frames make great gifts as well!
Join the Pinspired to DIY newsletter
Be the first to get notified of new projects posted on the blog!